Retro-fit Hydro Massage Bathtub — Did You Know?
There’s an unsightly side to whirlpool baths. Aside from getting your hair caught in a suction fitting, and possibly drowning; failure to follow correct upkeep procedures for a bath tub’s circulation system can lead to the expansion and transmission of infectious bacteria.
Bathtub residue accommodates soapscum, dirt, body secretions, hydromasazne vane skin cells, and tub oils. With each use of a whirlpool bath, these organic supplies combine with mineral deposits from water and kind scale deposits. The warm, dark and humid environment of a whirlpool system offers perfect circumstances for the expansion of microorganisms that may cause many alternative illnesses (eg. vaginal, kidney, bladder, skin, eye and lung infections, just to name a number of). Scientific testing has proven that household products equivalent to bleach, vinegar, baking soda, and automatic dishwasher detergent are ineffective for the aim of cleaning bathtub residue and scale deposits from whirlpool tub circulation systems.
Flush your tub’s pump and piping after each use with a cleaning answer specifically formulated to remove tub residue, and have the circulation system professionally cleaned a minimum of as soon as a year.
A used bathtub tub should be proffesionally cleaned before use, because there is no inspection methodology available to ensure that the system was previously maintained.
On a regular basis Precautions
* Never leave small children unattended in a whirlpool bath.
* Do not operate the pump with out the suction guard in place.
* Keep away from extended immmersion in scorching water, as hyperthermia (symptoms embody cramping, exhaustion, faintness) can result from extended exposure to excessive heat.
* Aged persons, anybody beneath medical care and pregnant girls ought to consult with their doctor before utilizing a whirlpool bath.
* Individuals utilizing drugs, or inebriated, or having a communicable disease, shouldn’t use a whirlpool bath.